Προς το περιεχόμενο

RIP Allan Holdsworth

RayDTutto

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

"What a shock to learn that guitarist Allan Holdsworth passed away !!! I was contacted two months ago by Manifesto, the record company which just released a 12-CD box set called "The Allan Holdsworth Album Collection" asking me to send a quote about Allan, which is now included in the liner notes along with other quotes by Frank Zappa, Pat Metheny and other great musicians, all praising Allan's immense talent. Allan has been a big revolution in the guitar world since his beginnings, on top of which his playing was so emotional that he was one of these rare musicians who could deeply move listeners whether they are musically sophisticated or not, and being able to do so with a unique and sometimes complex style of music made him a real genius. His third and last contribution to one of my albums was in "Point Of No Return" from the album The Atacama Experience in 2007, I was always stunned by his playing but that solo moved me to tears when I heard it for the first time. We will miss you Allan !" - Jean Luc Ponty

"Today is a very sad day.

My dear friend has left us..

Allan was undisputably one of the most original and influential musicians of all time.

One of my absolute favourites ,hands down.

We're all a little bit better because of what he brought us.

God bless

Allan Holdsworth." - Yngwie Malmsteen

Και τα ας πούμε καλά νέα...

Μετά τον πανικό των παιδιών του που δεν είχαν τα χρήματα που χρειάζονταν για την κηδεία, και το στήσιμο του online gofund από τον Greg Beaton, τα χρήματα που μαζεύτηκαν από 2500+ δωρητές είναι πενταπλάσια σε σχέση με το ποσό που χρειαζόταν η οικογένεια. Το τι θα γίνουν αυτά, προφανώς θα αποφασιστεί μετά από λίγο καιρό που η οικογένεια θα μπορέσει να ηρεμήσει, αλλά πιθανολογώ ότι θα δρομολογηθούν διαδικασίες για έκδοση κάποιων  έτοιμων κομματιών που δούλευε ο Allan τα τελευταία χρόνια.

Ιδού και τα updates στο site (https://www.gofundme.com/allanholdsworthmemorial):

1) So yesterday at 4AM (Sydney time), Louise Holdsworth is on the phone sobbing hysterically (as you can well understand). My wife Eva is sobbing as well. I am just numb.

Louise then uttered some words that harrowed my soul - "We can't even afford a funeral. What are we going to do?"

"Don't worry about the money", I said. "I'll sort it out".

A confession - this was PURE bravado on my part. I really had no idea how to solve this. My own credit card was still recovering from my recent trip to LA.

I called Greg Beaton to discuss crowdfunding. He was camping in the Sierra Nevadas. It breaks my heart to tell you that we had a GoFundMe account already set up... in preparation to raise the funds needed to get Allan's final two albums finished. That we were now using this account to pay for his funeral is simply horrible.

Greg configured the GoFundMe account using his phone while standing on a mountain trail. Meanwhile I shoot a video with my hair standing up and my t-shirt on backwards. (I'm not good at 4AM... or any other time really)

2) Now it is 24 hours later. I'll be honest, Louise is still barely able to function. I check in with her every two hours or so to make sure she is OK.

But something absolutely astonishing has happened. You - his fans - have stepped up in an utterly astonishing way. Way, way, WAY beyond our wildest dreams.

Many, many people have asked "What are you going to do with the extra money?". Here's the answer - absolutely NO idea.

This fund was always about only one thing, ensuring that Allan Holdsworth received a dignified funeral. To be perfectly honest, I had no confidence we would even achieve that.

Louise, Emily and Sam are still too caught up in agonizing grief to think beyond the immediate. Meanwhile I'm just a family friend and it is not my place to decide anything. So I can't tell you anything about what they will do with the money you all have raised.

What I can tell you is that there are NO words for how grateful we are. Ridiculously, incomprehensibly, stupefyingly grateful.

Our dearest and beloved friend Allan will be buried with grace and respect, and his children will not panic about the cost. That is a kindness for which I have no words to describe.

Thank you all.

Manning Bartlett

Sydney, Australia

17 April, 2017

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Απαντήσεις 68
  • Πρώτη
  • Τελευταία

Περισσότερες συμμετοχές

Περισσότερες συμμετοχές

πάντως σε ευχαριστούμε για την αποδελτίωση.

Εγώ θα προσθέσω εδώ, ότι από χτες με οδηγό την εκπομπή του Beato άκουσα με ησυχία ορισμένα κομμάτια, ξανά και ξανά.

Θα πω την αμαρτία μου, κάτι που πάντα το υποστηρίζω για οποιαδήποτε δύσκολη μουσική αλλά δεν το έκανα ο ίδιος για τον Allan.

Δεν τους έδινα ποτέ δεύτερη ευκαιρία. Αν δεν είχαν κάτι πιασάρικο τα προσπερνούσα.

Χτες άκουσα δυό και τρεις και πέντε συνέχεια ορισμένα κομμάτια και θέματα.

Και σιγά σιγά άρχισαν να μπαίνουν καλά στο πετσί μου και ....μου σηκώθηκε η τρίχα.

με σήμα το μπιφτέκι

Αυτό συμβαίνει με τη δύσκολη μουσική... από τη μία δεν είναι για όλους, κι από την άλλη ακόμα και για αυτούς που είναι, δεν είναι με την πρώτη. Και ο Holdsworth έγραφε δύσκολη και πολύ ξεχωριστή μουσική.

Υ.Γ.: Παρεπιπτόντως, για όποιον ενδιαφέρεται, τόσο η αυριανή εκπομπή μου στο ραδιόφωνο, όσο και αυτής της επόμενης Πέμπτης, θα είναι αφιερωμένη στον Allan. Όποιος ενδιαφέρεται, βρίσκει τις σχετικές πληροφορίες στα links της υπογραφής μου.

AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE HOLDSWORTH FAMILY

The past few days have felt like a lifetime of a never-ending nightmare. It's hard to put into words the emotions and gratitude that we feel.

Without all of the love and support we have received we would be completely lost. We are doing our best to fulfill the wishes of our beloved father.

We will be holding a private ceremony to celebrate the life of our dad and we cannot thank you enough for allowing us to do that. We will be planning a public memorial in the coming weeks.

I know he's looking down at us and he can rest easy knowing the huge stress that has been lifted from our shoulders. Thank you for all the kind words, memories and donations.

We have decided, as a family, to close the GoFundMe campaign. It has more than exceeded its purpose. We cannot express our gratitude to you all enough, it has been overwhelming.

In lieu of further donations or flowers, please consider donating to your local pitbull rescue in Dad's name as he was most fond of the breed. We often teased him that Daisy, our pit mix, was actually his favorite child.

All Right Then, Then...

Our dad was the best!

Louise, Emily and Sam Holdsworth

April 19, 2017

------------------

Manning speaking now:

As per the family's wishes above, Greg Beaton and I will be closing the fund at some point in the next few hours. If you know anyone who wants to make a last-minute contribution, please alert them.

"I've spent the week listening to many of Allan's clips and videos from decades of playing. I can't believe he's gone. He was an amazing player that saw so many harmonic possibilities every time he picked up his guitar. My very best wishes for his family and close friends. He really did become a legend in his own time, and has left an amazing legacy of guitar mastery.

We did tour together some, in the good old days, and my friend, Jeff Watson, sent me this picture from online. I'm looking amazed at what he's doing, as usual!" - Steve Morse

17952977_10154331011055927_7770610769096211186_n.jpg?oh=f903523c999f05842138e1a7c92c837c&oe=599A1CF2

την τελευταία εβδομάδα ακούω σερι ό,τι έχει βγάλει.

Τελικά δεν ισχύει με τίποτα η εντύπωση που είχα σχηματίζει τα τελευταία χρόνια που δεν τον παρακολουθούσα στενά, ότι δηλαδή είχε χαθεί σε άνευρα και ανευ στόχου κομμάτια.

Κάθε τι που ακούω με κάνει να θέλω να το ακούσω ξανά και ξανά.

Μόνη ένσταση (ναι...έχω μία) το ότι έχει και τραγούδια με στίχους...που και που....

με σήμα το μπιφτέκι

Το δικό μου μικρό αφιέρωμα στον Allan, μέσω της εκπομπής μου στο ραδιόφωνο...

Ά μέρος (αρχίζει στα 07:35):

΄Β μέρος:https://www.mixcloud.com/andreas-papadakis/allan-holdsworth-%CE%BC%CE%B9%CE%B1-%CE%B1%CF%80%CF%8C%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%83%CE%BC%CE%B7-%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%B2%CE%AC%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%B1-%CE%B4%CE%B9%CF%83%CE%BA%CE%BF%CE%B3%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AE%CE%BC%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B1-2042017-%CE%B2-%CE%BC%CE%AD%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%82/

΄Γ μέρος (αρχίζει στα 07:59):

΄Δ μέρος:

• 3 εβδομάδες αργότερα...

Δύο πολύ ενδιαφέρουσες προσθήκες...

- Το ακούω τώρα, ραδιοφωνικό αφιέρωμα με 5 κιθαρίστες να μοιράζονται ιστορίες για τον Allan:  https://podsodcast.com/2017/05/16/em46/

Ενδεικτικά, ο Jeff Watson μιλάει για τη μεγάλη κιθαριστική παρέα (με Steve Morse, Steve Vai κλπ) την οποία αποκαλεί "guitar therapy club", με τους οποίους μιλάνε καθημερινά ώρες στο τηλέφωνο, αναφέροντας πώς συγκλονίστηκαν από το χαμό του Allan, και πώς ο Vai κατάφερε και πήγε στην κηδεία του και τους εκπροσώπησε με έναν πολύ ωραίο λόγο, και πολλά ακόμα...

- Κι ένα blog που θα κάνει αναλυτικό αφιέρωμα στη ζωή του Allan σε κάμποσα μέρη: A Thread of Lunacy: Formative Years with Debussy and Coltrane

Αν κρίνω από το πρώτο κομμάτι που αναφέρει ότι ο άνθρωπος που τον μεγάλωσε δεν ήταν ο άνθρωπος που τον έφερε στον κόσμο, αλλά ο παππούς του (αν και παλιός φαν αυτή η πληροφορία μου είχε διαφύγει περιέργως), πιστεύω θα γραφτούν πολύ ενδιαφέροντα πράγματα για τη ζωή του.

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση

• Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου