Προς το περιεχόμενο

Spock’s Beard – "The First Twenty Years" collection

Waterfall-K

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

image.png

Oι Spock's Beard, μια απο τις πλεον κορυφαιες (αν οχι η κορυφαια) μπαντες της τριτης γενιας Prog Rock, ετοιμαζει την πρωτη της συλλογη που θα κυκλοφορησει στις 20 Νοεμβριου 2015.

Η συλλογη αυτη θα περιεχει 2CD+1DVD με κομματια απο ολοκληρη την καριερα τους καθως επισης και ακυκλοφορητα βιντεο απο τα πρωτα χρονια της μπαντας. Το κερασακι στην τουρτα θα ειναι μια νεα 19-λεπτη συνθεση του Neal Morse στην οποια θα παιζουν ολα τα μελη της μπαντας, πρωην και νυν. Η συλλογη θα κυκλοφορησει απο την InsideOut. Παρακατω η επισημη ανακοινωση της εταιρειας. glasses9.gif

Legendary Californian progressive-rockers Spock’s Beard are set to release ‘The First Twenty Years’ collection on the 20th November 2015. Arriving as a special 2CD & DVD package, it includes a selection of the best tracks from their entire career, as well as a brand new 19-minute long track titled ‘Falling For Forever’ that features every member of Spock’s Beard past and present performing, including Neal Morse (who also wrote the track), Nick D’Virgilio & current vocalist Ted Leonard.

All the tracks have also been re-mastered by long-term collaborator Rich Mouser, and the DVD portion of the release will feature old, live and archival footage from the band’s impressive 20+ year career.

Dave Meros talked about the album:

"We’ve discussed the idea of a “Best Of” release on-and-off for several years, and it’s finally come together. Of course, there were some tricky issues to work through. Deciding which songs would best represent the band over 20+ years, 12 albums and three different lineups was challenging enough, but add the fact that a lot of our songs clock in anywhere from 8 to 20 minutes or more and the selection process became that much more daunting to make everything fit.

Finally, after a lot of back-and-forth between everyone involved, we’ve come up with a song list which we think represents each album and era of the band quite well. That left us with another concern though. We were adamant about not wanting to just release a bunch of our earlier material in a new package, especially to loyal fans who probably own most, if not all of our albums already. With that in mind, Neal came up with the new epic “Falling For Forever” which clocks in at almost 20 minutes and was written specifically to include all current and past members of the band.

Luckily, everyone’s schedule lined up to be able to record it and even better, Rich Mouser was available to record and mix it as well as remaster all of the earlier songs. Add to that a DVD with a lot of previously unseen video footage from the early days of the band and we think we have a package our fans will really get into."

Neal Morse had this to say about the release:

"As we were kicking around the idea of a Spock's Beard 'Best Of', the idea of having some kind of an additional track came up. I felt, as always, like it would be more exciting to do something new than to rehash something we had already done. Then one morning I got inspired and wrote the music that would become 'Falling for Forever'. It was a lot of fun writing for the Spock's gang including Ted and Nick's voice.

I definitely had them all in my mind, and I think the end result is really, really cool. Al is killing it on guitar, Dave's bass tone will take the paint off your walls, Ryo is ripping on the keys as usual, and both Jimmy and Nick trade off drum solos toward the end of the song! Ted sings the choruses, Nick sings the middle section, and I sing the verses. It's truly a team effort. The SB fans are going to love it!"

"The First Twenty Years" showcases just how important Spock’s Beard have been to progressive rock since their formation in 1992, and how consistently brilliant they remain to this day.

Track List

CD 1

1. The Light

2. Thoughts

3. The Doorway

4. June

5. Day For Night

6. At The End Of The Day

7. Solitary Soul

8. Wind At My Back

CD 2

1. The Bottom Line

2. She Is Everything

3. On A Perfect Day

4. Jaws Of Heaven

5. Waiting For Me

6. Tides Of Time

7. Falling For Forever

Specs talks, M🐮🐮gs walks

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

Καταπληκτικό νέο και μπορώ να πω ότι η επιλογή είναι Ε-ξ-α-ι-ρ-ε-τ-ι-κ-ή.

Όσο κι αν μέσα μας όλο και κάποιο(α) ακόμα θα θέλαμε να προσθέσουμε  ;D  ;D  ;D.

Οι Spock's Beard είναι τεράστια μπάντα, με προσωπικό ήχο και στυλ και φυσικά, με σπουδαίες κυκλοφορίες, χωρίς δυστυχώς να τους έχουν αποδοθεί το credits που ΠΡΑΓΜΑΤΙΚΑ τους αξίζουν! Πραγματικά ανυπομονώ να ακούσω και το νέο κομμάτι!

Δυο CD ειναι υπερβολικα λιγα. Τι να πρωτοβαλεις μεσα σε δυο CD απο μια τετοια μπαντα? Μονο το "The Water" (23') και ολοκληρο το "A Flash Before My Eyes" (31') να εβαζαν, πανε τα 54 λεπτα του ενος CD. :P Επρεπε να κυκλοφορουσαν ενα 4CD box και με live κομματια μεσα, οχι μονο στουντιο. Και φυσικα επρεπε να εχουν μεσα και τις δυο versions της σπανιας κομματαρας "Their Names Escape Me".

Κι αυτο για δυο λογους, πρωτον γιατι υπαρχει το ονοματεπωνυμο μου στους στιχους της πρωτης εκτελεσης ;D και δευτερον γιατι η "nameless/instrumental" εκτελεση ειναι εξισου εξαιρετικη, με ενα sax solo που τα σπαει.

Μεγαλη μπανταρα, η πληρη δισκογραφια της οποιας πρεπει να υπαρχει σε καθε σοβαρη Prog Rock/Rock δισκοθηκη. image.gif

Καλημερα!!Θα ομολογησω οτι τους Spock's Beard τους γνωρισα απο τα POST ΤΟΥ ΦΙΛΟΥ k-waterfall!! Eκτοτε τους παρακολουθω οσο μπορω (μεσω tube και αγορας DVD-CD) .

Oποτε + 1000 για τους απο πανω! ;)

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση
  • Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου