Προς το περιεχόμενο

Ο Jay και οι GFS Pickups

elavd

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Ο Jay, ιδιοκτήτης της GuitarFetish (με τους περιβόητους-πάμθηνους-πολλά υποσχόμενους αλλά και αμφιλεγόμενους GFS μαγνήτες) ανακάλυψα σήμερα ότι είναι και μέλος του forum της Harmony Central.

Σε αυτό το thread εξηγεί πού φτιάχνονται οι μαγνήτες του, με τι πρώτες ύλες κλπ κλπ (πολλοί τον "κατηγορούν ότι ψωνίζει από Κίνα):

" We do not buy from this company or any other of the HUNDREDS of Asian based catalog houses.

Every single item we offer is ordered directly from the factory. We use suppliers in the USA, Europe, Japan and Korea. Since pickups are a fairly common item thatmust fit into a pre-existing slot- lots of manufacturers use the same covers and screws and bobbins etc.- in some cases items of vastly differing quality look almost exactly the same in a 72 dpi web image.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of our GFS brand pickups is designed by us here in Boston. We build hand wound prototypes, and where needed procide Cad blurpints for new molds and fixtures. They are made to our exact specs in Korea. many use USA sourced wire and german alnico magnets.

Most of our electronics are based upon a preexisting circuit board topography, but in every case the components and consequently the tone is vastly different from the "catalog house" versions.

The bridges and tuning machines are in many cases stock items- in some cases they are custom made for us.

You'd be VERY SURPRISED to see where the parts and pickups and various guitar hardware made in the same factories as the ones we use wind up- some very prestigious guitar manufacturers are unpacking the same Ocean containers that we are...

I'm a high end guy at heart- 60's Strats and Les Paul Juniors and Lollars and fralins and all the good stuff- but every pickup we sell is something that I would and DO play out with- in front of people- live. If I can't use it we don't sell it.

Not sure why some people have such a hard time with good quality stuff that's cheap??"

Σε άλλο thread προκαλεί με τη δήλωσή του ότι οι μαγνήτες του "χτυπάνε" στα ίσια άλλους φτιαγμένους από boutique κατασκευαστές (Lindy Fralin, Lollars κλπ)

"Well It's fair criticism I guess-

We DO stock CRl, Oak grigsby, CTS and most other standard USA parts- as well as the full line of Megswitches from germany. I imagine we'll add all of that stuff to the website at some point- We do use that stuff for our custom hand-wired guards.

Our thing is value- call it cheap if you want- but it's value. Most of our customers buying parts are NOT looking for a money-is-no-object solution. They want to fix or modify their own guitar. Most 5-way buyers seem to be replacing a switch in an imported guitar- so the PCB version is easier to use for them.

The Alpha PCB switches may seem like crap to guys like us- experienced guitar tinkerers, but to a younger player or someone who is doing this for the first time the CRL switch is a nightmare- You have to add a jumper wire, if you overheat the tabs the ocntacts fail- While the alpha can take a ton of heat and they almost never wear out. I use CRL or Megaswitch on my guitars, but there's a big market for the cheaper, simpler items as well.

Our Alpha pots are excellent, and cheap.

There are SOOOO many places to buy the other stuff I can't imagine why we're in the wrong here-

For the guy who called our GFS pickups "generic"- Come on now- that's just bullshit. I hand wind every friggin protoype myself- I assure you we spend just as much time in R&D as any other manufacturer in the world- At any given moment we have more than 100 demo instruments loadedup with our stuff and the best pickups in the world- our goal is to deliver at least as much, if not more- tone than any pickup set out there. Yes I'll put my GFS stuff up against ANYONE's pickups- I do the blindfold test every frickin day in our demo room- and even at gigs- identical USA strats with ours versus theirs- and we even have a Les Paul with interchangeable pickups- I'd say the preferences seem to run around 50-50% for us versus the handwound gang- maybe more like 60-40 for us against the better factory made stuff- And like 98-2% against the Factory pickups in most new guitars.

It's easy- if you don't like what we sell don't buy from us. BUT- I've got some pretty cool stuff coming down the pike- and even the most jaded Guitarfetish-haters out there are gonna want some of this stuff- it's our own proprietary stuff- only available from us- more info later...

Also we will be the worldwide distributors of an incredible handmade overdrive pedal- made in Atlanta- not cheap, just great."

Τι λέτε??? Θα τον δικαιώσει η ιστορία ή όχι...????:roll:

ΥΓ: Σόρυ για το μεγάλο post αλλά το forum της H.C. δε μου δίνει τη δυνατότητα να στείλω απευθείας link από τα συγκεκριμένα posts...

www.facebook.com/YourPaintedSmile

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Απαντήσεις 29
  • Πρώτη
  • Τελευταία

Περισσότερες συμμετοχές

Περισσότερες συμμετοχές

Τι λέτε??? Θα τον δικαιώσει η ιστορία ή όχι...????:roll:

Χαλαρά!

Καλά μερικά προιόντα του (όχι μαγνήτες) μπορεί να μην είναι και ότι ποιο καλοκατασκευασμένο και ποιοτικό αλλά για τα λεφτά που τα αγοράζεις είναι κορυφή!

The king of value for money!

Εχει κανεις διπλο σε θεση για μονο στη γεφυρα του να ανεβασει κανα κλιπ η να μου πει την αποψη του?Εχω φαει το νετ να βρω samples guitarfetish

Να προθεσω οτι ακουσα το sample με την τελε στο σαιτ τους,ηθελα να ξερω περισσοτερα με λιγη παραμορφωση,σκεφτομαι για μια αλλαγη στο μαγνητη της στρατ μου για το hum πιο πολυ και ηθελα κατι οικονομικο.

Ευχαριστω

Ευχαριστούμε για την ενημέρωση κύριε Ηλία!

Ο Jay θα κλείσει πολλά σπίτια καταπώς φαίνεται. Έχει βρει τη φόρμουλα...

Να προσθέσω ότι σε δύο e-mail που είχα στείλει-τονίζοντας ότι ΔΕΝ σκέφτομαι να αγοράσω-είχα λάβει άμεσα την απάντηση μου. Τότε σκέφτηκα "gentleman ο τύπος...είναι μέχρι να μπει φυλακή".

Τώρα, ειδικά μετά από όσα διαβάσαμε παραπάνω, σκέφτομαι μόνο ότι θα ήθελα πολύ να δω ποιοί "κουρδισμένοι" ψωνίζουν "Made In U.S.A."...από τις εσχατιές της Ανατολής... :wink:

τασκερα απο βουτυρο οπως αποκαλουμε μερικη

σκεφτομαι για μια αλλαγη στο μαγνητη της στρατ μου για το hum πιο πολυ και ηθελα κατι οικονομικο.

Ευχαριστω

Πόσο οικονομικό ?

Τόσο ...http://cgi.ebay.com/LAWRENCE-L250-Humbucker-Strat-Bridge-Neck-Guitar-Pickup_W0QQitemZ110019516557QQihZ001QQcategoryZ22670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ??

Leo got it right the first time

Βρήκα κι άλλες 2 ενδιαφέρουσες απόψεις του:

...Look it's simple- Like a Dimarzio and a Duncan we have a definite "sound" that we're looking for- extended bottom, crisp high end, relaxed midrange- some pickup companies go for really hard mids, some go for brittle bright, some go for deathly dark- it's all about your own needs.

Unlike them we have no dealers, reps, trade shows, artist endorsement programs or other profit sucking programs.

A secret- the wire and magnets, even the really good stuff, is pretty cheap. Yes our pickups are assembled overseas- but you'd be VERY surprised to see the foreign content in some of the revered USA brand name products...

==================================================

... My philosphy is this- If I can design something that is BETTER than a really good $100 or $150 pickup and then have it made inexpensively enough to sell it cheap- I'm in. Just cheap for cheap's sake isn't enough, and there's no real art to making something that is exhorbitantly expensive...as terrific as the end result might be...

www.facebook.com/YourPaintedSmile

Τον πιστεύω. Έχει πολύ ωραία λογική-τη λογική αυτού που είδε την μπίζνα από μέσα και δεν αποφάσισε να φτιάξει όνομα για να πουλάει λεζάντα και..."κούρδισμα". Αντίθετα, πάει να κάνει fair play σε κάθε τομέα. Μαγκιά του και μακάρι να του βγει...

τασκερα απο βουτυρο οπως αποκαλουμε μερικη

Από τα clips που έχω ακούσει δείχνουν ότι φτιάχνουν πολύ καλά πράγματα σε σχέση με τα χρήματα...Το θέμα είναι όπως και με τη Rockinger ότι αυτόί οι κατασκευαστές θέλουν πολύ δρόμο για να κατακτήσουν και το αγοραστικό κοινό που ενδιαφέρεται για την μεταπωλητική αξία των οργάνων. Μια Rockinger Tele με GFS μαγνήτες μπορεί να παίζει και να ακούγεται καλύτερα από μια American Series, αλλά στερείται κάθε ίχνος mojo και δεν είναι προκλητικό προιόν για αγορά ως μεταχειρισμένη.

Σύντομα πάντως νομίζω θα έχω και προσωπική άποψη για τη φάση GFS. Σκέφτομαι σε μια παλιά Ibanez GRX-70 (ολίγον κουπί :oops: ) με H-S-H μαγνήτες να βάλω αυτούς εδώ (αφού της βάλω κι ένα ανθρώπινο μπράτσο... :D )

http://store.guitarfetish.com/visphuclfest.html

στις θέσεις για humbuckers και αυτόν http://store.guitarfetish.com/5albostpi.html

στην μέση στη θέση του μονού...

Ελπίζω να είναι ΟΚ, αν και για μόνο 80 ευρώ μπροστά στους ελεεινούς μαμίσιους σίγουρα θα είναι ΟΚ!

Σύντομα πάντως νομίζω θα έχω και προσωπική άποψη για τη φάση GFS. Σκέφτομαι σε μια παλιά Ibanez GRX-70 (ολίγον κουπί :oops: ) με H-S-H μαγνήτες να βάλω αυτούς εδώ (αφού της βάλω κι ένα ανθρώπινο μπράτσο... :D )

Θα δυσκολευτείς με το μπράτσο. Το έχεις υπόψη σου ότι τα Fender τύπου μπράτσα δεν ταιριάζουν, έτσι;

Ένας τύπος στο ebay.co.uk πούλαγε φτηνά μπράτσα Ibanez πάντως.

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση

• Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου