Προς το περιεχόμενο

Rory Gallagher - Philby - amp setup

loukask6

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Έχω μια πολύ εξειδικευμένη και “παράξενη” ερώτηση:

Γνωρίζει κανείς με ποιόν ενισχυτή παίζει η κιθάρα που συνοδεύει τον Rory Gallagher στο κομμάτι Philby;

Εδώ η Studio έκδοση -

Εδώ η Live –

Στο Live, βλέπω κάτι Marshall, αλλά ποιο μοντέλο;

Το ‘χω απορία, μιας και είμαι λάτρης αυτού ακριβώς του ήχου (ξερός, ξύλινος). Ψάχνω το κατάλληλο setup, για να τον πετύχω. Βέβαια παίζουν και οι μαγνήτες (αλήθεια ποιους φοράει;) μεγάλο ρόλο (δε λέμε για την δεξιοτεχνία του!) αλλά ας ξεκινήσω από τον ενισχυτή.

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

Gallagher used various makes and models of amplifiers during his career. In general, however, he preferred smaller 'combo' amplifiers to the larger, more powerful 'stacks' that are popular with rock and hard rock guitarists. To make up for the relative lack of power on stage, he would often link several different combo amps together.

When Gallagher was with Taste, he used a single Vox AC30 with a Dallas Rangemaster treble booster plugged into the 'normal' input. Examples of this sound can be heard on the Taste albums, as well as the album Live in Europe. Brian May, of the band Queen, has admitted in interviews that as a young man, he was inspired to use a similar amplifier and treble booster setup after meeting Gallagher and asking him how he got his sound. Gallagher has also been known to have used Ibanez Tube Screamers and various Boss effects.

In the early to mid 1970s, Gallagher began to use Fender amplifiers, most notably a Bassman and a Twin, both of a 50s vintage. An example of this sound can be heard on the Irish Tour '74 album. He also had a Fender Concert amplifier.

In the mid to late 1970s, when Gallagher was moving towards a hard rock sound, he experimented with Ampeg VT40 and VT22 amps. He also began using Marshall combos. During this period and beyond, Gallagher used different combinations of amps on stage to achieve more power and to blend the tonal characteristics of different amps including Orange amplification

InfluenSir!

Χμ, Ναι!

Ή θα βρέξει ή θα χιονίσει ή καλό καιρό θα κάνει.

Μη με παρεξηγείς (αστειεύομαι!) αλλά το άρθρο από τη βιογραφία του μας λέει οτι έπαιξε σχεδόν με... όλα!

Ψάχνω το setup του για το συγκεκριμένο κομμάτι (θα μου πείτε "τι το θέλεις;" Ε, βίτσια είναι αυτά!).

Από την δισκογραφία ξέρουμε οτι πρωτοεκδόθηκε με τον δίσκο Top Priority το 1979. Με τα Αmpeg ή τα Marshall και με ποιο μοντέλο;

Είχε και κάποιο πετάλι μπροστά;

Και οι μαγνήτες;  (Πολλά δε ζητάς φίλε;)

Υ.Γ. Και πάλι συγνώμη για το ύφος μου αλλά (επικοδομητική) κουβέντα να γίνεται.

Επίσης, ένα απόσπασμα από συνέντευξή του στο περιοδοκό BEAT τον Μάρτιο του 1979 (το Top Priority κυκλοφόρησε τον Σεπτέμβρη της ίδιας χρονιάς

For amplification, Rory has currently abandoned the old Fender gear he used to use in favour of Ampeg. The Fenders were a Concert from 1960, and a really old Bassman from 1954. “With all the wear and tear, it was hard work for them”, he observes. He now has an Ampeg VT 40 which he links up with a VT 22. He finds that the Ampegs give him the mid-range response he's looking for, which isn't the case with, say, the Ritzy, but wallet-piercing Music Man units. On top of that, Rory has a treble and bass booster made by a New Jersey company called Hawk.

http://www.roryon.com/beat.html

...and my eyes fade from me in this open country

Και οι μαγνήτες;  (Πολλά δε ζητάς φίλε;)

Gallagher was always associated with his well-worn sunburst 1961 Stratocaster (Serial Number 64351), which his brother Donal has officially retired. It was reputedly the first in Ireland, ordered by a showband member who changed his mind about the colour. Gallagher bought it for just shy of £100 at Crowley's Music Store on Cork's McCurtain Street.

The guitar was extensively modified by Gallagher. The tuning pegs, for a start, are odd (5 Sperzels and one Gotoh), and all of these have been found to be replacements.

Secondly, it is thought that the nut has been replaced and interchanged a number of times.

Thirdly, the scratchplate was changed during Gallagher's time with Taste. Another change was the pickups of which none are original.

The final modification was that of the wiring. Gallagher disconnected the bottom tone pot and rewired it so he had just a master tone control along with the master volume control. He also installed a 5-way selector switch in place of the vintage 3-way one. The most notable effect that years of touring have had is the almost complete removal of the guitar's original sunburst finish, partly through being left out in the rain in a ditch for days after being stolen and partly due to Rory's blood Type!! He had amazingly acidic Sweat!!

Other quirks include a 'hump' in the scratch plate which moves the neck pickup closer to the neck on the bass side and a replacement of all of the pickups, though this replacement was due to damage rather than a perception of a tonal inadequacy. Reproductions of the guitar have recently been sold by Fender, though with smaller frets and lower action than the original.

InfluenSir!

Τώρα δείχνουν πιο ξεκάθαρα τα πράγματα.

Υπάρχουν σήμερα ισοδύναμα μέτρα... ωχ, συγνώμη αλλά είναι οι ημέρες τέτοιες!

Εννοώ, υπάρχουν σήμερα αντίστοιχα, παρόμοια, αντίγραφα, τέλος πάντων ενισχυτές που να πλησιάσουν τον ήχο αυτού (ή αυτών) των ενισχυτών;

Και για να το δούμε ολοκληρωμένα:  Ποια είναι η πρότασή σας για ένα αντίστοιχο setup;

Stratocaster - Pickups - πετάλι -  ενισχυτής

Καιρό τώρα προσπαθώ να στήσω αυτό το rig αλλά όλο και κάτι δεν μου ταιριάζει. Έχω φάει κόλλημα με τον ήχο αυτού του συγκεκριμένου τραγουδιού. Ηδονίζομαι να παίζω και μόνο αυτές τις 4 συγχορδίες (ο κατά τα άλλα κουλός). Κόλλημα λέμε!

για το philby θελεις πρωτα απο ολα αυτην την κιθαρα

coral_sitar_9x15.jpg

coral 3S19 Electric Sitar

Instrument Description

Rory had written the track ‘Philby’ about the Cold War and was keen to have some mysterious Eastern flavour on the track. The answer lay in having the sitar guitar to get a kind of balalaika effect, but Coral had only made 50 of these guitars and we only knew where 5 of them were.

Fortunately Pete Townsend had one so we rented it from him for the sessions, which Rory loved. After the recordings we were due to go on tour and Rory was faced with the problem of duplicating the sound in a live setting. Of course Pete was happy to hire us the same one but it would have been very expensive considering how long Rorys tours were. As it turned out I was in the US for a few days and I picked up a flyer for a guitar trading company in New Jersey. The had a Coral on sale for $1500, which worked out much cheaper than hiring one for a whole tour.

I came back on a flight with Cliff Richard and his band and when it came to customs I tried to walk through as one his session guitar players, but a customs officer stopped me. I acted coy and explained that it was my brothers guitar and was old and not worth much but he pulled out the same flyer I had seen in New York from his catalogue book and said its $1500! That taught me a good lesson.

A musician who is travelling with the old blues while searching the psychedelic groovie sounds of the 60's with his guitar.

Νομίζω ότι στο συγκεκριμένο βίντεο στο 0.59 συγκεκριμένα έχει έναν marshall jmp50 την combo εκδοχή του super lead με master volume αλλά δεν βγαίνει πια.Νομίζω ότι τον έχει και στις αγγελίες ή τον είχε πρόσφτα.Νομίζω από γρήγορο search που έκανα είναι το μοντέλο 2104.

Εγώ πάντως παρόλα αυτά θα έλεγα ότι η εισαγωγή είναι με κάποιο fuzz.

When you will get good you will know. There is no guitar. There never was.

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση
  • Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου