Προς το περιεχόμενο

Music Quotes (...famous and not so famous)

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Λοιπόν κάποιες διάσημες...αμπελοφιλοσοφίες πού έχω συγκεντρώσει καί σκέφτηκα να τις μοιραστώ μαζί σας κορίτσια...Έχει πολύ τροφή γιά σκέψη και αν έχετε κάτι ανάλογο ποστάρετε...

Enjoy...............

==========================================================

"You'll sound like your influences for a long time but eventually you'll find your own voice." - Brian May

===========================================================

"The way to learn the language is to rip off other players. As Benny Golson told me, "We all start off sounding like other cats. And gradually, a lick here or there,we start to sound like ourselves. But it takes a long time to do so..." That'swhat he told me, and it worked for me." - Branford Marsalis

=============================================================

In the mid to late 80s I had entered the bigger scene the day I joined the David Lee Roth band. After Edward Van Halen had reinvented rock guitar in the 70s and 80s the focus was on virtuoso type guitar playing in a rock context. This concept had been building steadily through the early 70s with players like Hendrix, Page, Brian May, Ritchie Blackmore, etc....These were the players that compelled me to want to play the instrument as brutally yet as beautifully as I possibly could." - Steve Vai

===========================================================

Liszt said after hearing a composition: "There are many new and beautiful things in your composition. Unfortunately, the new things aren't beautiful and the beautiful things aren't new."

============================================================

"You have heard all of the nice bent notes. You have heard clean playing, accurate playing...I don't give a shit about that stuff. I want to play what's on my mind." (Frank Zappa)

"I enjoy doing anything that is theoretically impossible and making it work." (Frank Zappa)

"Some scientists believe that the universe is made of hydrogen, because they claim it's the most plentiful ingredient. I claim that the most plentiful ingredient is stupidity." (Frank Zappa) 

“Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny.” – Frank Zappa

"Just because it's Be-Bop, doesn't mean it's good. And just because it's rock, doesn't mean it's bad". - Jody Fisher

“Listening is still the key.” – Jim Hall

John Coltrane: "Sometimes I just don't know how to end a solo."

Miles Davis: "You just take the horn out of your mouth."

The following quote from Vangelis has got to be the most pompous and arrogant that I've ever heard....

"I am but a channel through which music emerges from the chaos of noise"

"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But man, there's no boundary line to art." - Charlie Parker

==============================================================

“In my music, I’m trying to play the truth of what I am. The reason it’s difficult is because I’m changing all the time.” – Charles Mingus

“I say, play your own way. Don’t play what the public want — you play what you want and let the public pick up on what you doing — even if it does take them fifteen, twenty years.” - Thelonious Monk

===============================================================

You have to persist, and out of the sheer frustration of what you've been doing or haven't been doing, you just come out the other side. Of course, when you come to the other side, you find that there's an even bigger hill to climb than the last one. - Allan Holdsworth

"Forget what your fingers can do.. just try it!" Allan Holdsworth

My own thing is in my head. I hear sounds and if I don't get them together, nobody else will. - Jimi Hendrix

"Tonality is a natural force, like gravity." Paul Hindemith

================================================================

A guy who has a girl's name, wears makeup and has a wild theatrical rock and roll show? DAMN! I wish I thought of that!" - Alice Cooper on Marilyn Manson

"Zappa never adapted to American culture or wavered from his complex music. You'd think his stuff was all improvised, but his sheet music included every little squeak, bump, howl, and yodel that was played. Unbelievable. Zappa was also the best guitar player I've ever seen. I saw him play one night at a club with Hendrix. Frank got up and did an imitation of him. I'm looking at Hendrix and his mouth was open." - Alice Cooper

A good composer does not imitate; he steals. Igor Stravinsky

"I've found you've got to look back at the old things and see them in a new light."

— John Coltrane, 1960, Down Beat magazine

"Listening to as many guitar solos as possible is the best method for someone in the early stages. But saxophone solos can be helpful. They're interesting because they are all single notes, and therefore can be repeated on the guitar. If you can copy a sax solo you're playing very well, because the average saxophonist can play much better than the average guitarist." - Ritchie Blackmore

"... Jeff Beck is my idol .. sometimes he finds notes that I just do not have on my guitar. Frank Zappa's another one .. I loved Frank Zappa ... I do think Van Halen reinvented the guitar ... he's an excellent musician, a shrewd guitarist and as a person he's wonderful..." - Ritchie Blackmore

"I was so used to doing old blues licks with the first three fingers. When I started using my pinky and finding more spread things, that's when I started getting my own style." - Eddie Van Halen

"You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing." - Eddie Van Halen

In April 1996, in an interview with Guitar World, when asked about how he went from playing his first open A chord to playing "Eruption", Eddie Van Halen replied:

“Practice. I used to sit on the edge of my bed with a six-pack of Schlitz Malt talls. My brother would go out at 7pm to party and get laid, and when he'd come back at 3am, I would still be sitting in the same place, playing guitar. I did that for years — I still do that"  Eddie Van Halen

I think I got the idea of tapping watching Jimmy Page do his "Heartbreaker" solo back in 1971. He was doing a pull-off to an open string, and I thought wait a minute, open string ... pull off. I can do that, but what if I use my finger as the nut and move it around ?" ... I just kind of took it and ran with it - Eddie Van Halen

John Scofield, Bill Frisell and I grew up listening to Jeff Beck. His phrasing and articulation are part of contemporary jazz guitar. There's also a lot more string bending going on in jazz now, and that's very much because of Jeff Beck. He's a classic. - Mike Stern

“You’re born with a spark…to search for the truth, for the best you can be. Practice. Discipline. Preparation. Try and try again. Then one day you’re on the top and they say you’re an “overnight success”, a “natural”. You smile, you know…”-Anonymous.

"Improvisation is the only artform in which the same note can be played night after night but differently each time. It is the hidden things, the subconscious that lets you know you feel this, you play this." - Ornette Coleman

"Any darn fool can play the violin, only a musician can play the guitar."-Paganini

"Most of us go to our graves with our music still inside of us." –unknown

"...regardless of what you play, the biggest thing is keeping the feel going ..." - Wes Montgomery

Guitarists should be able to pick up the guitar and play music on it for an hour, without a rhythm section or anything." - Joe Pass

"If you hit a wrong note, then make it right by what you play afterwards." - Joe Pass

"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself..." -Johann Sebastian Bach

"Without music, life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"... As far as being a 'player's player', you've only got to go to Nashville or Argentina, and you can forget about it. The world is full of amazing guitar players, and you know it, and I know it ... it's a humbling experience..." - Mark Knopfler

=============================================================

"...some musicians, man, you hear the note almost before they hit it. Jimi, Coltrane and Charlie Parker were like that... " Carlos Santana

Sorry γιά το μεγάλο post... :) :) :)

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

John Coltrane: "Sometimes I just don't know how to end a solo."

Miles Davis: "You just take the horn out of your mouth."

Αυτος ο διαλογος ειναι ολα τα λεφτα... ;D ;D ;D

Είμαι περήφανος (όντως κιθαρίστας) για την ρήση του Paganini (που δεν ήταν κιθαρίστας):

''Any Damn fool can play the violin, but only a musician can play the guitar!'' 8)

...από την πολλή γκαργκανέλα.

"I wonder if I could make an electric bass."

Leo Fender

"None of us wanted to be the bass player. In our minds he was the fat guy who always played at the back."

Paul McCartney

"I like the guitar better these days. I like the bass, too, but it's hard to fit a bass amp in a small car."

Dee Dee Ramone

"The bass player's function, along with the drums, is to be the engine that drives the car... everything else is merely colours."

Suzi Quatro

"Now they have banging guitar and no bass and call it rock, but that's not what I call rock.

Little Richard

"The bass, no matter what kind of music you're playing, it just enhances the sound and makes everything sound more beautiful and full. When the bass stops, the bottom kind of drops out of everything."

Charlie Haden

"I never picked a bass up before Sabbath started."

Geezer Butler

"Hendrix was a perfect guitarist. That's all I wanted to do as a kid. Play a guitar properly and jump around. But too many people got in the way."

Syd Barrett

"I don't understand why some people will only accept a guitar if it has an instantly recognizable guitar sound. Finding ways to use the same guitar people have been using for 50 years to make sounds that no one has heard before is truly what gets me off."

Jeff Beck

"The greatest guitar player in the world today for me is Paco de Lucia, who is actually Spanish."

George Benson

Pete Townshend used to crash chords and let the guitar feed back. He's overrated.

Ritchie Blackmore

"I don't put myself on Jeff Beck's level, but I can relate to him when he says he'd rather be working on his car collection than playing the guitar.

Ritchie Blackmore

"But you have to give your whole life to a cello. When I realized that, I went back to the guitar and just turned the volume up a bit louder."

Ritchie Blackmore

"When you came knocking on the door this morning I was quite happy playing the guitar, for fun, I mean and not practicing and I'll always be that way."

Eric Clapton

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

Jeff Cooper

"Mention Hubert Sumlin, as well, because Hubert's a great man, and again, you know, I don't play the guitar very good, but when I'm playing this kind of music, I always have him in my mind. I wish I could play like Hubert."

Elvis Costello

"There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same time, but I think what is harder is bass players that can play the bass and sing."

Graham Coxon

It's the faster bands that made me want to play guitar, bands like The Jam.

Graham Coxon

"If you can't play it on an acoustic guitar or a grand piano then it's not a song.

Christopher Cross

"I can play rhythm guitar. I know how to hold a guitar and strum it."

Jamie Lee Curtis

"I've got holes in my guitar."

Dick Dale

"Ah, I could make it in the shape of a guitar, and it would a) be more affordable, and b) a guitar player could double on this instrument."

Leo Fender

"I went to my friend's house one day, and he had an electric guitar he had just bought with a tiny little amp. I turned the volume up to 10 and I hit one chord, and I said, I'm in love.

Ace Frehley

"I can't even read notes. But I can teach someone how to make a guitar smoke.

Ace Frehley

Except for a few guitar chords, everything I've learned in my life that is of any value I've learned from women.

Glenn Frey

The rest of the band were basically friends, So it was me following them around and begging them to let me be in their band for two or three years. And they finally let me in on the harmonica, actually, and then the keyboards, and finally the guitar.

Jonny Greenwood

Right now my mind is on the people who stole our instruments,and, specifically, the person with my guitar, which will no doubt end its days having Green Day songs worked out on it. A better fate was deserved- and while the reverence given to guitars annoys me, I shall miss it.

Jonny Greenwood

My 10 year old son likes it. He's trying to play guitar and everything. He likes that kind of music.(για το heavy metal)

Merle Haggard

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.

Jimi Hendrix

I just hate to be in one corner. I hate to be put as only a guitar player, or either only as a songwriter, or only as a tap dancer. I like to move around.

Jimi Hendrix

George wrote Taxman, and I played guitar on it. He wrote it in anger at finding out what the taxman did. He had never known before then what could happen to your money.

Paul McCartney

I like jazz, but I could never play it. You just sit there with a guitar the size of a Chevy on your chest, wearing a stupid hat, playing the same solo for an hour.

Dave Mustaine

But remember, guitar players are a dime a dozen.

Krist Novoselic

Guitar playing isn't really for everybody.

Brad Paisley

When I got my first guitar my fingers wouldn't go to the sixth string so I took off the big E and played with just five strings. I was only 6 or 7.

Les Paul

If you can play guitar and sing, you can probably get a gig down the road playing at a restaurant, but don't throw your life away chasing something that is so elusive it will only lead you to regret and may turn you bitter.

Cliff Richard

If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.

Keith Richards

Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not to be separated from the man.

Andres Segovia

The guitar is a small orchestra. It is polyphonic. Every string is a different color, a different voice.

Andres Segovia

If you play acoustic guitar you're the depressed, sensitive guy.

Elliott Smith

My sunglasses are like my guitar.

Patti Smith

Yeah, my son likes a lot of guitar bands. He gave me something the other day which was really good. He'll burn a CD for me full of things that he has, so he's a pretty good call if I want to check some of that stuff out... The other two aren't quite into that yet.

Bruce Springsteen

What I do now is all my dad's fault, because he bought me a guitar as a boy, for no apparent reason.

Rod Stewart

An uncle of mine emigrated to Canada and couldn't take his guitar with him. When I found it in the attic, I'd found a friend for life.

Sting

Peter was sick of being a pop star, the guitar god, and so he decided to teach himself other instruments. Among the instruments that he picked up was the mandolin.

Michael Stipe

I actually played rhythm guitar for many, many years before I discovered I had the ability and feel to play rock and roll music or rhythm and blues.

Mick Taylor

I don't read music. I don't write it. So I wander around on the guitar until something starts to present itself.

James Taylor

Everyone gets frustrated and aggressive, and I'd sooner take my aggression out on a guitar than on a person.

Paul Weller

I'm not good enough to be playin' much acoustic guitar onstage. Man, you gotta get so right; I mean, the tones, the feel, the sound. Plus, acoustic blues guitar is just that much harder on the fingers.

Johnny Winter

I have no guitar technique.

Warren Zevon

www.soundcloud.com/superfunk12

https://superfunk12.wordpress.com/

"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Νομίζω ότι η σωστή απάντηση είναι:

"I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that is going to make Joe Satriani go out, buy a guitar and learn to play"  - George Lambros.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Tonality is a natural force, like gravity." Paul Hindemith

Για να το λέει ένας απο τους μεγαλύτερους (ίσως και ο μεγαλυτερος) ατονικός συνθέτης εν ζωή, κάτι θα ξέρει...

"I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that is going to make Joe Satriani go out, buy a guitar and learn to play"  - George Lambros.

ασε και ΕΝΑ θεμα ΧΩΡΙΣ να το δυναμητησεις ρε Λαμπρουκο..... ::) ;D

www.soundcloud.com/superfunk12

https://superfunk12.wordpress.com/

Είμαι περήφανος (όντως κιθαρίστας) για την ρήση του Paganini (που δεν ήταν κιθαρίστας):

''Any Damn fool can play the violin, but only a musician can play the guitar!'' 8)

μεγαλο λαθος! ήταν και μαλιστα πολυ καλος. εχει γραψει δε αρκετα εργα για κιθαρα

http://www.finefretted.com/html/paganini_s_guitar_solos.html

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση
  • Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου