Προς το περιεχόμενο

Gloomy Sunday, Diamanda Galas...

matawan

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

To τρομερό "hungarian suicide song"... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloomy_Sunday

Sunday is gloomy,

My hours are slumberless,

Dearest, the shadows I live with are numberless

Little white flowers will never awaken you

Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you

Angels have no thought of ever returning you

Would they be angry if I thought of joining you

Gloomy sunday

Sunday is gloomy

With shadows I spend it all

My heart and I have decided to end it all

Soon there'll be flowers and prayers that are sad,

I know, let them not weep,

Let them know that Im glad to go

Death is no dream,

For in death Im caressing you

With the last breath of my soul I'll be blessing you

Gloomy sunday

Dreaming

I was only dreaming

I wake and I find you

Asleep in the deep of

My heart

Dear

Darling I hope that my dream never haunted you

My heart is telling you how much I wanted you

Gloomy sunday

Kαλή και η Galas (όχι του γούστου μου) αλλά δεν πλησιάζει αυτήν την εκτέλεση από την Ηeather Nova... (είναι λάιβ τραβηγμένη από εμένα, και δεν έχει δισκογραφηθεί με αυτήν την ενορχήστρωση - ήμουν πολύ τυχερός που μπόρεσα να την αποθανατίσω):

Fear no more the heat o' the sun

Nor the furious winter's rages

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

Περί ορέξεως κολοκυθόπιτα, κατά το κοινώς λεγόμενο. Πάντως, πέρα από την Diamanda, η κορυφαία εκτέλεση είναι της Billie Holiday,αν και είναι από διαφορετική μετάφραση του τραγουδιού...

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

Της Diamanda Galas είναι διασκευή και όχι επανεκτέλεση. 'Εχει χτυπητές διαφορές. Η πρώτη εκτέλεση δεν παίζεται αλλά και η παραπάνω κοπέλα (Ηeather Nova) τα σπάει!

Η  Diamanda τραγουδάει απλά την άλλη μετάφραση του τραγουδιού απο τα Ούγγρικα, όχι αυτήν που έκανε γνωστή η Billie Holiday.

Παραθέτω απο wikipedia:

"Sam M. Lewis and Desmond Carter each translated the song into English. The 1935 British recording by Paul Robeson (released in the US in 1936) combined the relentlessly downbeat Carter lyrics with a dirge-like arrangement, and is perhaps the gloomiest of the English-language versions.

Sam Lewis's adaptation of the lyrics -- still gloomy but less bleak and despairing -- were performed in 1936 by Hal Kemp and his Orchestra, then later by Artie Shaw and Billie Holiday. The popularity of "Gloomy Sunday" increased greatly after its interpretation by Holiday in 1941. Her performance established Lewis's version as the standard for later interpreters. Attempting to alleviate the pessimistic tone, a third stanza was added to the Billie Holiday version, giving the song a dream theme (starting with "Dreaming, I was only dreaming"). Diamanda Galás's 1992 version used Carter's lyrics, but most recent versions have used Lewis's."

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση
  • Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου