Προς το περιεχόμενο

Ο Scott Henderson μιλάει για ηχογράφηση κιθάρας

fusiongtr

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Κάποιες απαντήσεις που δίνει ο Scotty σε ερωτήσεις που του έκαναν.

Κάποιοι τα γνωρίζουν, αλλά κάποιοι μπορεί να βοηθηθούν.

If you like the sound you're getting from your live rig, most of the recording job is deciding on mic placement - it has a huge affect on the tone. I use a 57, about an inch away from the grille cloth. I move it towards the side of the cabinet until it's on the edge of the cone. If I want it darker, I move it to the seam, where the cone meets the paper. If I want a more traditional strat sound, I move the mic into the paper and turn the tones all the way up on the guitar - normally the tone on my treble pickup is down at 3 or 4, and that's a big factor in my sound. It's fat, but it's not a traditional strat sound. It's important to move the mic towards the side of the cab, not toward the middle.

I use only one track, but on a few songs on Well To The Bone, I recorded two amps at once for a stereo sound, a Marshall/4x12 on one side and a Fender/4x10 on the other, panned hard L & R.

Ask the engineer to try a 57 and a ribbon mic mixed together (mono), which is what a lot of guys do - I've been experimenting with that myself.

If it's one guitar track, I think it sounds better panned just a little to one side, and I usually put delay on the other side, and stereo reverb in the middle. Don't record your FX, just monitor them when recording and add them back at the mix

I put all FX on separate busses, but if more than one guitar track uses the same FX, I send those tracks to the same bus.

If you listen to SRV Texas Flood, you'll hear dry guitar panned all the way to one side and about 20 ms delay panned all the way to the other. Both sides are the same volume, and there's not much in the middle, so it kind of sounds like an effect. I would have put a little more in the middle, but that's personal taste. I think the engineer was going for a really wide sound.

Allan Holdsworth puts the dry guitar in the middle, and adds about 30ms panned all the way to one side and about 60ms panned all the way to the other. He brings the delayed L & R up just enough so the stereo image is heard.

Both ways are cool if you want a mono guitar to sound stereo. On Well To The Bone, I sometimes used 12" speakers on the L and 10" speakers on the R. This created a different kind of stereo image, but it also sounds a bit like an effect, because different frequencies shift from L to R all the time. It sounds cool, but a little weird.

Lately I do it the old fashioned way - guitar panned a little to one side and delay panned a little to the other. (400 to 600 ms depending on the tune) Add some stereo reverb and this sounds more natural to me, like hearing the guitar at a gig.

The signal chain (order of FX) is the same as on stage - any EQ or colouring FX like chorus first, then delay, then reverb

I don't use compression that often, because tubes and distortion kinda have that built in already. I might use a compressor for a totally clean sound, but I recorded Footprints on the HBC album with no compression at all and it sounds pretty even. If your picking varies a lot from soft to hard, you might need a compressor.

The type of reverb really depends on the part. Different reverbs on different guitar tracks is one of the factors which keeps them separated from each other. Jimmy Page was such a genius with reverbs. For my main melody track and solo, I usually use a dark sounding hall with about a 2 second reverb time, and the stereo split is usually from the factory preset. If there are guitar parts going on behind that I use a room with a shorter time, and sometimes it's moved to the side of the part and then it's not a stereo reverb anymore.

I'd use only the dry track to feed the reverb and long delay. The reverb will be stereo on both sides, but you could pan the longer delay wherever you want. 20ms isn't long enough to make a difference in where a long delay is panned.

My delay track is automated so if there's a hole where I don't want to hear delay I just turn it way down and bring up a little more reverb in it's place.

Sending delay into reverb or not is pretty subtle - in a normal setting you might not even hear the difference. When delay & reverb are turned up loud, like used as an effect, it's more noticeable - then I'd send the delay into the reverb.

Freud-Σαντές

Ποιητής-Ερωαναλυτής PhD-SG

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

If I want it darker, I move it to the seam, where the cone meets the paper.

εδω τα εχει μπερδεψει

σε σχεση με αυτο

I move it towards the side of the cabinet until it's on the edge of the cone.

ειναι πολυ πιο πριμα η θεση αυτη.

κατα τα αλλα για τον ΔΙΚΟ του ηχο και τον τυπο αυτο μουσικης ειναι ενα καλο approach, για αλλου τυπου μουσικες βεβαια οχι μια και παρα πολλοι κιθαριστες θελουν να γραφουν ΜΕ τα εφε τους και να μην τα προσθετουν αργοτερα στο mix.

www.soundcloud.com/superfunk12

https://superfunk12.wordpress.com/

για τον ΔΙΚΟ του ηχο και τον τυπο αυτο μουσικης

Εννοείται!

παρα πολλοι κιθαριστες θελουν να γραφουν ΜΕ τα εφε τους και να μην τα προσθετουν αργοτερα στο mix.

Σύμφωνοι (κι εγώ το ίδιο κάνω εξάλλου), απλά έτσι έχεις μεγαλύτερη ευελιξία στο mix.

Αυτό που στην πραγματικότητα λέει, είναι ότι στέλνει και το καθαρό σήμα σε κανάλι στην ηχογράφηση.

Freud-Σαντές

Αυτος με οτι και να παιξει καλα ακουγεται!!!

Τον ειχε δασκαλο ενας φιλος στο G.I.T.,

και μου ελεγε οτι εκανε μαθηματα με μια κιθαρα τον 100 δολαριων και επαιζε με ενισχυτη τον 50 δολαριων(στο περιπου)

Ακουγοταν και παλι μαγικος..

Αυτος και landau ειναι προφεσσορες του ηχου.

Παντος πολυ ωραιο review μπραβο.

metal και φραπε!!!!

Αυτος και landau ειναι προφεσσορες του ηχου.

Ακριβώς αυτοί οι δύο, με τον Holdsworth γίνονται τρεις. :D

Freud-Σαντές

Ακριβώς αυτοί οι δύο, με τον Holdsworth γίνονται τρεις. :D

Καλα αυτος ειναι απο το διαστημα..

Ειχα παρει παλια μια βιντεοκασσετα με μαθηματα .......

Οπως την πηρα την εβαλα στο ραφι(αυτη και του shawn lane),

δεν μπορουσα να παιξω τιποτα.. >:( >:( >:( >:(

metal και φραπε!!!!

Ειχα παρει παλια μια βιντεοκασσετα με μαθηματα .......

Οπως την πηρα την εβαλα στο ραφι, δεν μπορουσα να παιξω τιποτα..

Δεν την ξαναβγάζεις τώρα να την δεις-ακούσεις αλλιώς? ;)

Λίγη καλή θέληση χρειάζεται μόνο και ..... όλα γίνονται, με τον δικό σου τρόπο βέβαια!

Την έχω κι εγώ και καταλαβαίνω τι εννοείς.

Αλλά με τον ήχο έχει χοντρό κόλλημα.

Σκέψου ότι από παλιά σχεδίαζε μηχανήματα (πχ juice extractor).

Freud-Σαντές

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση
  • Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου