Προς το περιεχόμενο

YJM ή Bad Monkey.

Nestoras

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

28 λεπτά πριν, Yannis Methenitis είπε

Είμαι σίγουρος πως υπερθεματίζω αλλά το treble booster γνωστό και ως Beano booster (επειδή έγινε γνωστό απ' αλμπουμ του Κλάπτον) βοηθούσε όσους είχαν/είχαμε βρετανικούς ενισχυτές στα 70'ς να αλλάξουν τη σκοτεινή χροιά τους (βλέπε Vox και Brian May π.χ.).

Το οποίο επίσης δεν ισχύει καθότι:

Clapton's tone is simpler than you may think. He rarely used much more than a wah, and contrary to speculation, he never used a treble booster or a fuzz.

InfluenSir!

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Administrator
34 λεπτά πριν, Nestoras είπε

Clapton's tone is simpler than you may think. He rarely used much more than a wah, and contrary to speculation, he never used a treble booster or a fuzz.

Said who and why is he right? Το είπε ο Clapton μήπως;

Αλλά τι σημασία έχει, δεν συζητάμε αν το Beano boost είναι φαντασία ή υποψία. Μπορεί να είναι θρύλος αλλα μάλλον όχι γιατι έτσι έβγαινε τότε ο ήχος αυτός. Δεν υπήρχαν άλλες επιλογές. Αν νομίζεις πως έβγαινε με wah και Les Paul προσπάθησε το και πες μας. Ο βρετανικός ενισχυτής ήταν σκοτεινός και μπάσος. Με ένα υψηπερατό φίλτρο υπεροδηγούσε τις πρίμες συχνότητες και βουαλά. Έχω προσωπική άποψη, λόγω πουρότητας.

34 λεπτά πριν, Nestoras είπε

Και επίσης... τι εννοείς επίσης δεν ισχύει😄.

Δηλαδή δεν εξήγησα τι είναι treble στην κιθάρα; Έχεις αντίθετο επιχείρημα μήπως;😇

Live and let Live.

1 ώρα πριν, Nestoras είπε

Αποκλειεται στην εισαγωγη του Crossroads να μην εχει Fuzz

Παράθεση

Clapton worked his amps by pushing them to their limits. In John Mayall & the Blues Breakers, he was using a Marshall Bluesbreaker — a JTM-45 combo amp. The JTM-45 uses KT66 output tubes and a GZ34 rectifier tube, giving the amp about 35 watts of power. The combo version of the JTM-45 (Bluesbreaker) had an open-back cab with two 12” speakers. Closed-back cabs have more low end. Open-back cabs have a little more high-end.

The distortion you hear on the “Beano” record and Clapton’s other 1960s recordings is from the amp being cranked. The humbuckers on the various Gibson guitars he used in the Bluesbreakers/Cream era pushed the amp harder than single coils could — pushing it into more overdrive. This particular overdrive from the Bluesbreaker combo is often mistakenly attributed to a Dallas Arbiter Rangemaster treble booster. Despite rumors on the internet about Clapton using a Rangemaster, he says that he never did. This is confirmed by the recording engineer.

Παράθεση

Mike Vernon [producer of the Bluesbreaker session] has stated many times that NO pedals were used.

Παράθεση

I think Clapton had a Rangemaster in the studio during the Beano sessions. He plugged it in right as the picture was taken, played it for a minute, and then looked over at John Mayall and said,

“I’ve really gotten over pedals. I can’t keep up with this craze of boutique pedals that make you sound like everything but your guitar. I can’t get my head around it. So you don’t want to play a guitar [properly] so you buy a box that makes it sound like an algorithm, like you just fired up your computer and you can spend the night staring at your ****in’ shoes? C’mon man…

“I know I’ll get **** for saying this, but it’s ****ing lazy. It’s insulting to people who spent 35 years playing and learning, like a lot of players. And we continue to work at it! These guys can barely play a chord but call themselves soundscapists. Get the **** outta here! It’s ********. There’s so much masking and spin going on there. Can we get real for a minute? What do you actually play? Pick up an acoustic guitar… try that!”

Παράθεση

Here is a quote from page 72-73 from his autobiography:

“Because the album was recorded so quickly, it had a raw edgy quality that made it special. It was almost like a live performance. I insisted on having the mike exactly where I wanted it to be during the recording, which was not too close to my amplifier, so that I could play through it and get the same sound that I had onstage. The result was the sound that came to be associated with me. It had really come about accidentally, when I was trying to emulate the sharp, thin sound that Freddy King got out of his Gibson Les Paul, and I ended up with something quite different, a sound that was a lot fatter than Freddy’s. The Les Paul has two pickups, one at the end of the neck, giving the guitar a kind of round jazz sound, and the other next to the bridge, giving you the treble, most often used for the thin, typically rock ‘n’ roll sound.

What I would do was use the bridge pickup with all of the bass turned up, so the sound was very thick and on the edge of distortion. I also always used amps that would overload. I would have the amp on full, with the volume on the guitar also turned up full, so everything was on full volume and overloading. I would hit a note, hold it, and give it some vibrato with my fingers, until it sustained, and then the distortion would turn into feedback. It was all of these things, plus the distortion, that created what I suppose you could call my sound.”

• Like 1

33 λεπτά πριν, Spyros Delta είπε

Αποκλειεται στην εισαγωγη του Crossroads να μην εχει Fuzz

Δεν είχε, ποτέ δεν χρησιμοποίησε.

• Συμφωνώ 1

InfluenSir!

Πρεπει να ηταν πολυ μπροστα ο EC το 1966 για να παραπονιεται στον Mayall καθως γραφανε το αλμπουμ οτι εχει μπουχτησει με τα "boutique" και δε θελει να ακουγεται σαν "αλγοριθμος", "λες και μολις ανοιξε το pc του". 🤣

(Οχι οτι εχει καμια σημασια, αλλα αυτο το quote φαινεται να ειναι του Μποναμασα, συνεχιστε).

• Χαχα 1

6 λεπτά πριν, odis13 είπε

(Οχι οτι εχει καμια σημασια, αλλα αυτο το quote φαινεται να ειναι του Μποναμασα, συνεχιστε).

2 λεπτά πριν, Yannis Methenitis είπε

Απο το στόμα μου το πήρες!😄 Αστειότητες.

Eίναι σύνηθες οι άνθρωποι να στέκονται μόνο σε ότι τους βολεύει και να αγνοούν όλα τα υπόλοιπα.

1 λεπτό πριν, Yannis Methenitis είπε

Απο το στόμα μου το πήρες!😄 Αστειότητες.

Κάτσε να φτιάξουμε το βίντεο που λέγαμε και θα πέσει το γιουτιούμπι. Θέλω φωνή μόρτικη να λέει όμως το "he has the box".

InfluenSir!

47 λεπτά πριν, Nestoras είπε

Δεν είχε, ποτέ δεν χρησιμοποίησε.

Tο μπουκωμα που βγαζει οταν παει Μι και στην αμεσως επομενη φραση πριν το κλεισιμο (00.15"), μονο με Fuzz (και κομμενο vol pot με Treble bleed) εγω παντως βγαζω αυτη τη χροια.

Με τι επαιζε και υπεροδηγησε τον ενισχυτη τοσο πολυ και με τοσο "αρρωστα" μπασο ηχο?

Επεξεργασμένο από Spyros Delta
  • Like 1

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση

• Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου