Προς το περιεχόμενο

R.E.M. τέλος

zappa

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

http://remhq.com/news_story.php?id=1446

Τα λένε τα μέλη τους ωραία

"To our Fans and Friends: As R.E.M., and as lifelong friends and co-conspirators, we have decided to call it a day as a band. We walk away with a great sense of gratitude, of finality, and of astonishment at all we have accomplished. To anyone who ever felt touched by our music, our deepest thanks for listening." R.E.M.

In their own words: The guys share their thoughts on why now.

MIKE

"During our last tour, and while making Collapse Into Now and putting together this greatest hits retrospective, we started asking ourselves, 'what next'? Working through our music and memories from over three decades was a hell of a journey. We realized that these songs seemed to draw a natural line under the last 31 years of our working together.

"We have always been a band in the truest sense of the word. Brothers who truly love, and respect, each other. We feel kind of like pioneers in this--there's no disharmony here, no falling-outs, no lawyers squaring-off. We've made this decision together, amicably and with each other's best interests at heart. The time just feels right."

MICHAEL

"A wise man once said--'the skill in attending a party is knowing when it's time to leave.' We built something extraordinary together. We did this thing. And now we're going to walk away from it.

"I hope our fans realize this wasn't an easy decision; but all things must end, and we wanted to do it right, to do it our way.

"We have to thank all the people who helped us be R.E.M. for these 31 years; our deepest gratitude to those who allowed us to do this. It's been amazing."

PETER

"One of the things that was always so great about being in R.E.M. was the fact that the records and the songs we wrote meant as much to our fans as they did to us. It was, and still is, important to us to do right by you. Being a part of your lives has been an unbelievable gift. Thank you.

"Mike, Michael, Bill, Bertis, and I walk away as great friends. I know I will be seeing them in the future, just as I know I will be seeing everyone who has followed us and supported us through the years. Even if it's only in the vinyl aisle of your local record store, or standing at the back of the club: watching a group of 19 year olds trying to change the world."

www.facebook.com/pulsedot

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/21/showbiz/rem-disbands/index.html

R.E.M. to "call it a day as a band"

Los Angeles (CNN) -- It's the end of the R.E.M. as we know them and they feel fine, according to a statement from the group posted online Wednesday.

"To our Fans and Friends: As R.E.M., and as lifelong friends and co-conspirators, we have decided to call it a day as a band," the message said. "We walk away with a great sense of gratitude, of finality, and of astonishment at all we have accomplished. To anyone who ever felt touched by our music, our deepest thanks for listening."

Michael Stipe, Peter Buck, Mike Mills and Bill Berry started playing alternative rock together in Athens, Georgia, in 1980, but their first hit single came with "The One I Love" in 1987.

"It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" followed from the same "Document" album, securing their mainstream radio appeal.

Front-man Michael Stipe declined to be interviewed by CNN Wednesday about the decision to disband, which comes six months after the release of "Collapse into Now," their final album.

Stipe, in a CNN interview in June, said the members "surprised ourselves with this record. We're all really thrilled with it."

Πράγματι απρόσμενο.

Ας κρατήσουμε ένα θέμα για το τέλος των REM.

Αυτό ήταν πρώτο : http://www.noiz.gr/index.php?topic=188811

Φευγουν με αξιοπρεπεια,πληρεις...ημερων και με ενα εξαιρετικο τελευταιο αλμπουμ.

Ειναι το αγαπημενο μου ροκ γκρουπ ever & θα μου λειψουν,ευτυχως θα εχω παντα αυτη τη φωτο με τον προσωπικο μου κιθαριστικο θεο για να τους θυμαμαι.. ;D

me_and_GOD.jpg.169f26f97a2a7fef5e7e34d6d154de5e.jpg

www.soundcloud.com/superfunk12

https://superfunk12.wordpress.com/

Φευγουν με αξιοπρεπεια,πληρεις...ημερων και με ενα εξαιρετικο τελευταιο αλμπουμ.

Ειναι το αγαπημενο μου ροκ γκρουπ ever & θα μου λειψουν,ευτυχως θα εχω παντα αυτη τη φωτο με τον προσωπικο μου κιθαριστικο θεο για να τους θυμαμαι.. ;D

εισαι πιο ομορφαντρας αλλα σε τρωει σε πουκαμισο.  :P  ;D

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

Και στο ΥΨΟΣ (ειναι γιγαντας ο τυπος και οχι μονο κιθαριστικα.... ;D) & ...παιζει και....λιιιιγο καλυτερα απο εμενα ... ;D

(η φωτο ειναι χαλια και η συνηθως εκπαγλη καλονη μου εχει καταρακωθει μετα απο 12 ωρες guitar teking... ;D)

ευτυχως θα εχω παντα αυτη τη φωτο με τον προσωπικο μου κιθαριστικο θεο για να τους θυμαμαι.. ;D

Ρε παιδιά ποιος είναι αυτός δίπλα στον Superfunk;  ;D  ;D

αλλα ισοφαριζεται απο το χαμογελο ευτυχιας, ως σωστο fanboy!

Ναι ρε πως να μη γελαω...ασε που  ο ανθρωπος ηταν σωστος κυριος,μας αντεξε καμμια ωρα μπι-ρι,μπι-ρι.....για κιθαρες και ενισχυτες!!Oταν ηρθε να τον συναντησει η γυναικα του τους ζητησαμε συγνωμη για το πριξιμο και τι μας απαντησε η τυπισσα? "Don't worry he likes it,he loves talking guitars!"  ;D

Το ιδιο ευγενεις ηταν ολοι τους αλλα  και εντελως  αντισταρ (με εξαιρεση βεβαια την ...πριμαντονα αλλα ενταξει τραγουδιστης ειναι οποτε it comes w/ the job.. ;D) 

Δεν περιμενα βεβαια και τιποτα λιγοτερο απο τετοια μπαντα.

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση
  • Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου