Προς το περιεχόμενο

RIP Allan Holdsworth

RayDTutto

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Ερώτησης, λίγο αφελής ίσως....   

Τόσα χρόνια στο κουρμπέτι, έστω με την αντιεμπορική του μουσική, πως και δεν μάζεψε κάνα $...?  Μιλάμε για έναν καταξιωμένο μουσικό, με πολλούς ακροατές που έπιναν νερό στο ονομά του!

Εντάξει δεν είχε τον αριθμό ακροατών και τις πωλήσεις του Springsteen, ας πούμε, αλλά και πάλι με τόσα γκρουπ που είχε, τόσες συμμετοχές σε άλλα, τόσα άλμπουμ και τόσες συναυλίες σε όλον τον κόσμο, μου φαίνεται περίεργο....   

Εκτός εάν τά'τρωγε αλλού ή έκανε κακές επενδύσεις, ή ........

Υπήρχε πολύς σεβασμός αλλά λίγοι αγόραζαν τη μουσική του μάλλον.

Πολύ δύσκολη και δυσκόλευε ακόμη περισσότερο όσο περνούσε ο καιρός.

When you will get good you will know. There is no guitar. There never was.

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Απαντήσεις 68
  • Πρώτη
  • Τελευταία

Περισσότερες συμμετοχές

Περισσότερες συμμετοχές

• Guru

πραγματικα ενας απο τους πιο σημαντικους κιθαριστες του 20 αιωνα! Τουλαχιστον εφυγε πληρης ημερων με σημαντικο εργο πισω του. Αλλαξε την γλωσσα και την τεχνικη της μοντερνας τζαζ κιθαρας.. Θυμαμαι οταν τον ειχα πρωτοακουσει, ηταν το αλμπουμ Sand. Τοτε πρωτοψαχνομουν με τζαζ και παικτες οπως ο Frisell, o David Torn, και το παιξιμο του ηταν αποκαλυψη.

Ερώτησης, λίγο αφελής ίσως....   

Τόσα χρόνια στο κουρμπέτι, έστω με την αντιεμπορική του μουσική, πως και δεν μάζεψε κάνα $...?  Μιλάμε για έναν καταξιωμένο μουσικό, με πολλούς ακροατές που έπιναν νερό στο ονομά του!

Εντάξει δεν είχε τον αριθμό ακροατών και τις πωλήσεις του Springsteen, ας πούμε, αλλά και πάλι με τόσα γκρουπ που είχε, τόσες συμμετοχές σε άλλα, τόσα άλμπουμ και τόσες συναυλίες σε όλον τον κόσμο, μου φαίνεται περίεργο....   

Εκτός εάν τά'τρωγε αλλού ή έκανε κακές επενδύσεις, ή ........

Φώτη μου ποτέ δεν είχε βγάλει χρήματα από αυτό που έκανε.

Κάποια εποχή δεν έβρισκε καν μέρος να παίξει.

Ήταν στο τσακ να τα πουλήσει όλα και να τα παρατήσει, αλλά η γυναίκα του (που την εκθειάζει συχνά για το πόσο του στάθηκε) έβαλε υποθήκη ένα σπίτι που είχε, για να μπορέσει ο Allan να συνεχίσει να κάνει αυτό που έκανε.

Δεν είναι ο κόσμος μας φτιαγμένος για ιδιοφυίες. :-\

Freud-Σαντές

Ποιητής-Ερωαναλυτής PhD-SG

Φώτη μου ποτέ δεν είχε βγάλει χρήματα από αυτό που έκανε.

Κάποια εποχή δεν έβρισκε καν μέρος να παίξει.

Ήταν στο τσακ να τα πουλήσει όλα και να τα παρατήσει, αλλά η γυναίκα του (που την εκθειάζει συχνά για το πόσο του στάθηκε) έβαλε υποθήκη ένα σπίτι που είχε, για να μπορέσει ο Allan να συνεχίσει να κάνει αυτό που έκανε.

Δεν είναι ο κόσμος μας φτιαγμένος για ιδιοφυίες. :-\

Στράτο, για τον ίδιο άνθρωπο μιλάμε....; :o  Μάλιστα....όταν βλέπεις τέτοιους μουσικούς να "πεινάνε" και άλλους φελλούς να επιπλέουν....τι να πεις!  >:(

Η jazz δεν έχει λεφτά.  Ο ίδιος ο Wes εκανε λεφτα μονο οταν το γυρισε στα covers και μάλιστα στα πολυ ελαφρά. ..

με σήμα το μπιφτέκι

Στράτο, για τον ίδιο άνθρωπο μιλάμε....; :o  Μάλιστα....όταν βλέπεις τέτοιους μουσικούς να "πεινάνε" και άλλους φελλούς να επιπλέουν....τι να πεις!  >:(

Ήταν σε λάθος χώρα. Αν ήταν στην Αμέρικα τα πράγματα θα ήταν ΠΟΛΥ διαφορετικά.

Ήταν ένας μάλλον μοναχικός άνθρωπος πολύ μακριά από αυτό που αποκαλούμε "δημόσιες σχέσεις", αν και ήταν πάντα ευγενικός, και μάλλον "ταπεινός" (σε σχέση με τα επιτεύγματά του).

Κλεινόταν με τις ώρες (μέρες) στο υπόγειο του σπιτιού του πασπατεύοντας μηχανήματα και κιθάρες, έτσι ώστε να πετύχει τους ήχους που είχε στο μυαλό του (ήταν soundfreak).

Σχεδίαζε μηχανήματα (βλέπε juice extractor που έδωσε την πατέντα στην rocktron), πειραματιζόταν συνέχεια με τον ήχο του.

Έβλεπε τον εαυτό του ως άλλον ένα συνηθισμένο άνθρωπο, και μάλιστα διαφωνούσε με τις "guitar god" ταμπέλες των μέσων μουσικής επικοινωνίας για αυτόν.

Δεν θεωρούσε ότι έκανε κάτι ιδιαίτερο, απλά προσπαθούσε να πετύχει τον ήχο που είχε στο μυαλό του, και έψαχνε μη-συμβατικούς τρόπους να το κάνει.

Δύσκολο να βγάλεις χρήματα έτσι.

Freud-Σαντές

Ποιητής-Ερωαναλυτής PhD-SG

Μερικά σχόλια για τον Allan κατά καιρούς:

"I’ve known Allan and his music for 30 years now, and after all this time he still amazes me. His concept is still advancing with his playing, and his technical prowess, which is phenomenal, is in complete harmony with his musical direction—and this is a very advanced direction. I recall a show I saw him at in London about 14 years ago. After the concert I said to him, ‘If I knew what you were doing, I’d steal everything, but I don’t know what you are doing!’ Allan laughed." - John McLaughlin

"Holdsworth is the best in my book. He's fantastic. I love him." - Eddie Van Halen

“Allan’s beautiful and unique chord voicings have always had an impact on me. His approach to guitar is one of a kind. He pushes the limits of the boundaries of electric guitar, and his lead phrasing would make Charlie Parker smile. His playing is essential listening for any guitarist, of any style, so they can see that the only limits we have are the ones we put on ourselves.” - Eric Johnson

"I saw Allan Holdsworth when I was about 14 in 1978. I never dreamed a guitar could be played like that and that really changed my whole life.

If I hadn't had seen Holdsworth I may have just continued to play some blues and rock music and might have even given it up later or something, but when I saw him at 14, that really inspired me to try to play guitar in my own way at another level." - Shawn Lane

"I believe Holdsworth is incredibly important to the language of jazz guitar... He’s overlooked because stylistically he’s in the fusion camp very solidly, but if you get beyond that and you listen to the actual content of his playing and how he’s relating to harmony and lines, you’ll discover a guitarist that is virtually unsurpassed in terms of harmonic and linear sophistication, which is totally applicable to every modern jazz guitarist. Furthermore, I think that Allan Holdsworth and John Coltrane have a lot in common in terms of their linear conceptions. They’re obviously very, very different and have qualities that place them in totally different zones, but I see a connection between the language that Coltrane used and the technique that Allan Holdsworth has developed. I’m heavily influenced and inspired by Coltrane and the language that he used, and Holdsworth is definitely a touchstone for how to do that on the guitar." - Kurt Rosenwinkel

"I totally agree that Allan is one of the greatest guitarists ever - his work on the mid-70's Tony Williams records was revolutionary and changed everything for guitarists everywhere. It is a real mystery to me why he is not a household name. but it really doesn't matter, his contribution is large and i think all musicians know it. - Pat Metheny

"I think Allan Holdsworth is the John Coltrane of the guitar. I don't think anyone can do as much with the guitar as Allan Holdsworth can." - Robben Ford

“I put Holdsworth up there with Paganini and Liszt. Terrifying.” - David Lindley

“Allan really changed guitar playing. The legato techniques and ‘sheets-of-sound’ approach influenced not only jazz guitarists, but also a whole generation of metal players. And aside from all the technical stuff, he’s a master jazz guitarist. Check out his version of ‘How Deep Is the Ocean.’” - John Scofield

“I had the good fortune to be able to offer a vehicle for Allan's music back in the late 70's, with three very successful albums that showcased his astonishing ability. Even from here in the UK, the sound of US guitar players across the pond sitting up and taking notice was deafening. To this day, his solo outing on "In The Dead Of Night" by the group UK remains one of the most perfectly formed, intelligently paced and brilliantly executed 3 minutes of liquid guitar bliss you are ever likely to hear. He's been refining his wok ever since. After three measures you know its Allan, or someone trying to sound like him. He's the leader in a field of one...

... Allan wanted to sound like John Coltrane. Problem was he’s playing guitar, not saxophone, so he had to figure out a way to get a similar ‘sheets of sound’ equivalent on guitar. The scales and intervals he chose were also all unusual, and he didn’t become just one of the great scalar improvisers overnight. He worked like a dog on Nicolas Slonimsky’s Thesaurus of Scales and Melodic Patterns. Then, when he’d run out of notes he’d reach for the whammy bar and send shivers down your spine.” - Bill Bruford

"One of the most interesting guys on guitar on the planet is Allan Holdsworth. I really respect his playing." - Frank Zappa

“Allan plays legato parts like a violinist. His right hand might as well be a bow, because his left hand is like Paganini’s. You can call his playing whatever you want to, but it will still fry your brain if you try to figure it out. John McLaughlin, Michael Stern, John Scofield—all of us just scratch our heads and go, ‘Damn!’” - Carlos Santana

“I have always considered Allan Holdsworth in a league of his own. In my obnoxious must-analyze-everything teenage years I remember walking out from a concert with the man, very frustrated. I simply didn’t get how he was able to pull it off in such a smooth, delicate way. The stuff his fingers were doing didn’t have anything to do with what was coming out of the speakers (at least not to my tiny intellect). Nowadays, I simply let the playing happily floor me. I believe he is from another planet.” - Mattias IA Eklundh

"The voice I have as a musician I have formed in no small part as a direct result of my now twenty-five year association and relationship with Allan. While our individual approaches have naturally changed, shifted and evolved independently, separated by distance and long passages of time apart, we always come back together, almost mystically, in this strange, uncanny but perfect unity. It'll always be fresh, new, different, but just inextricably connected. It's about a relationship so close it even transcends physically playing together on a regular basis and keeps growing. I feel really and truly blessed to have that with Allan." - Gary Husband

"I saw Allan play last night at the Baked Potato and I must say that, without a doubt, he is truly The Grand Master..." - Frank Gambale

"... Besides being emotionally swept away by Allan’s use of melodic color, most of the time I am utterly stunned and confused as to how he is playing what I am hearing. His chops and inner ear completely defy my own inner musical eye and reasoning and I’m left in a blissful state of humility and surrender.” - Steve Vai

“As Frank Zappa said, ‘Writing about music is like dancing about architecture,’ so just listen to Allan Holdsworth and experience the pure beauty of his unique musical language, which goes beyond all clichés. He is a true master, and remains unsurpassed.” - Alex Machacek

"Allan Holdsworth also has a strong style. A long time ago, Jens took me to see him in a small club in New York. I had to take my hat off to him." - Yngwie Malmsteen

"His influence is just that he's such a drastic unyielding individual. You know, 'I'm going to do my thing and I'm going to do it the best I can." - Steve Morse

"Following Allan was one of the toughest things I ever had to do, as any guitar player can imagine. The set was based around the monumental solos that he had been doing, so I had to try to fill those shoes! He has been ahead of the game for over 30 years and is the preeminent guitar soloist of our generation (if not any).

When I first heard him in about 1973, I was amazed by the ambition and direction of his playing. I was edging along a similar path myself but he was far ahead, and so was a source of inspiration and aspiration.

Since then he has developed and refined the ingredients that were already there with outstanding single-mindedness, dedication and concentration. His playing now is completely controlled and mature and his mastery of the elements that he is interested in—harmony, line and tone—is unique and puts him in the very top league of the greatest soloists in guitar history. That’s why guitarists should care!!! - John Etheridge

"Hearing Allan’s guitar playing for the first time was a cathartic experience for me. His guitar sang, it pushed musical boundaries, and it rocked. His brilliant approach to harmony is completely original, beautiful and spellbinding. His technique and improvisational skills make him a true guitar god, the jaw dropping kind, and the kind that influences many a player in all styles of music...

... To witness him playing with Tony Williams’ band, a Gibson SG around his neck, Small Stone Phaser and Marshall stack in tow, at the intimate club My Father’s Place in Roslyn, NY, was something I’ll never forget. He ripped a hole in the guitarist’s-space-time-continuum that night! And we’ve never been the same...

... Allan Holdsworth changed the way people play the electric guitar, both musically and physically. He is a true genius." - Joe Satriani

"Only the elite musician wishes not to imitate. Originality and finding your own voice are the only beacons that the elite musician follows. Allan is one of these musicians.” - Jeff Berlin

"... To my taste, guitar doesn’t lend itself to playing fast as well as other instruments. I think the possibilities of approaches to doing it are limited in comparison to instruments like the piano, the saxophone, or the drum machine. Something about the guitars physicality in correspondence to our muscles and hand angles just doesn’t seem to offer the potential for expression at lightning speeds that those other instruments do. To me, he [Allan] is one of the few people who totally overcomes those limitations and is totally expressive whilst playing fast and makes it sound natural, relaxed, and effortless—and, at the same time, exciting and intense. It always sounds like there’s a musical/emotional idea there and it never sounds like he’s playing scales or exercises, which almost all flashy guys of the last 25 years generally seem to be doing a big percentage of the time, though I’m no expert... " - John Frusciante

“Allan has the touch. Maybe it’s those extra- long fingers of his. No one can listen to him without being affected by his tone and fluidity. A superb player who is a joy to hear.” - Adrian Belew

Ήταν σε λάθος χώρα. Αν ήταν στην Αμέρικα τα πράγματα θα ήταν ΠΟΛΥ διαφορετικά.

Δεν ξέρω αν έχασα κάτι στην κουβέντα, αλλά αν αναφέρεσαι στο Holdsworth, ήταν μόνιμος κάτοικος Καλιφόρνιας από τις αρχές της δεκαετίας του '80.

Δεν ξέρω αν έχασα κάτι στην κουβέντα, αλλά αν αναφέρεσαι στο Holdsworth, ήταν μόνιμος κάτοικος Καλιφόρνιας από τις αρχές της δεκαετίας του '80.

Α οκ. Άκυρο τότε. Εϊχα την εντύπωση χωρίς να το ψάξω ότι έμενε Αγγλία.

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση

• Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου