Προς το περιεχόμενο

RIP Allan Holdsworth

RayDTutto

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

γι αυτό το βίντεο έλεγε?

Δεν είμαι σίγουρος.

Πάντως υπάρχουν πολύ μεγάλα αποσπάσματα (ίσως και όλο το live) στο tube.

Freud-Σαντές

Ποιητής-Ερωαναλυτής PhD-SG

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Απαντήσεις 68
  • Πρώτη
  • Τελευταία

Περισσότερες συμμετοχές

Περισσότερες συμμετοχές

Κι όμως Νάσο, αν θυμάσαι σου είχα πει πέρυσι ότι φοβάμαι για κάτι τέτοιο.

Σκατά να βγάλει ο στόμας μου.

Το μήνυμα του παλιόφιλού του Gary Husband νομίζω τα λέει όλα για τα τελευταία χρόνια του Allan:

"Yesterday I received the most devastating news of the passing of my spiritual and musical brother Allan Holdsworth. And along with that news came the realisation I had now witnessed the conclusion of the last chapter of probably what will always be known by me as the most significant musical relationship of my life. The journey that began in the later 1970s in a studio in London - a first time ever trial playing situation for us - where time and space seemed to evaporate and give vent to suddenly this otherworldly, uncannily effortless, intense communication and empathy of the nature and height I could have only dreamt possible. I remember wondering afterwards, as we were packing our gear, if we'd ever reach that again or even get to play together once more.

And it did. And we did. And though the albums IOU, Metal Fatigue, Atavachron, Sand, Wardencliffe Tower, Then, Hard Hat Area etc, that serve to document the handful of decades we were able to develop together, I have vivid memories, still, of the experiences of many incredible improvisational musical heights together, in many live settings, of the kind I will not experience the like of again.

With Allan I had the invitation to literally invent. I knew it was totally unique music. Yet strangely it was music I felt - almost as naturally as if it had come through me.

The unique harmony, the unique signature pushes & pulls in tempo, the pauses and the inherent rubato, up alongside all the straighter grooves that all felt so completely natural to me I was mystified at so much of the confused reaction the music provoked in people. I had no idea why it was regarded convoluted, complex or unusual.

So not only was this the most comfortable playing situation for me I also was afforded the luxury to approach and form all drum approaches to the pieces from my own imagination. Occasionally I'd come up with something, and I'd quickly know if it wasn't an instant success. But mostly it was. And little was said, virtually nothing ever rehearsed, and it just all got recorded that way and performed that way while expanded upon live.

IOU was to essentially document as good as possible version of pieces we had been performing for a good while. But from Unmerry-Go-Round - the wonderful piece where I worked alongside Allan to form the rhythmic structure - it was about an approach to drum composition - how the drums worked conceptually - as much as it was also the playing side of things. This started to really expand particularly on the recordings for the albums Atavachron and Sand.

I would love to elaborate on all these periods. Perhaps in the form of a book sometime.

Jumping to the more recent years, from 2000 on, a lot was starting to deteriorate and crumble in Allan's life. This had started to manifest in the form of a growing acceleration in alcohol consumption. And this would be influencing everything from this point onwards.

I was party to a lot I cannot and will not divulge in a Facebook post. All of us were - all who worked together with Allan. And from that point, we were starting to become very concerned.

What would also start to materialise with Allan was a deterioration of creativity.

Allan's marriage collapsed catastrophically, and this brought even more excesses. Nevertheless, his playing was always central and his fleeting fluidity always still apparent. But from this point he was no longer in any way sober on gigs.

The details of our years with him since - the self-medicating his ever increasing, spiralling and perpetually heightening suffering are, as I clarified, not for these pages. All I can say is that as I always promised him, I was always at the other end of a phone. Always there.

This would never be enough. And it became inevitable to me that Allan was fast-tracking towards more and more emotional destitution.

Fast forwarding to the most recent and last time I would get to perform with Allan, in 2014 along with Jimmy Haslip I was aware - for the first time ever - things were definitely no longer well with him also as a musician. The self-medication had accumulated significantly, and I was mortified to discover this was now, finally, becoming very apparent in his playing.

From this point, and through many unpleasant extra-musical episodes and manifestations later it has been tragically apparent and somewhat inevitable that drastic measures would have to be sought. But, as ever, the closer we were, to Allan, ultimately the more ineffective we proved to be.

And so, now the moment I/we all feared, dreaded and anticipated has arrived. In all it's dreadful sadness, the story has come to a close.

I have a feeling I will never again recognise musical endeavour in quite the same way without my brother Allan Holdsworth in this world. I will just have to hang on to it - keep in constant touch with my little part in the legacy of his trajectory, our shared one, the seed of that creation and keep the essence well in tact, together with us all that've been through many years in music with this genius. I guess I'm speaking for all Allan's players - from way back, to my times starting it with him, through the decades and even into these last few years.

I pray with all my heart, my brother, that your suffering is eased and healed. I pray that your passage, into eternity, will be now smooth and complete.

You'll always be such a huge part of me, dear Allan. I love you, and I always will love you."

edit....

δυστυχώς θλίψη....και ίσως εξήγηση πολλών δεινών... :-\

ας επιστρέψουμε στο λαμπρό παρελθόν.

το βίντεο ίσως ήταν αυτό....(αναφέρθηκε ο Rick Beato)

Soft Machine Allan Holdsworth Floating World Bundles - Video Dailymotion

με σήμα το μπιφτέκι

ναι

το ίδιο είναι. Στο Μοντρέ

με σήμα το μπιφτέκι

"REMEMBERING ALLAN HOLDSWORTH

Allan Holdsworth has passed. One of a handful of true innovators. For me he was, without reservation of any kind, the John Coltrane of the guitar. Sad that he didn't know it. None the less his contribution to the language of the guitar has been unequaled. Om Mani Padme Hum" - Robben Ford

"I was very shocked to hear about Allan Holdsworth passing away. He was a guitarist's guitarist yet much more. His explored wealth of new guitar possibilities will be a wealth for musicians to learn from for many, many years to come.

I first met Allan when he played with the band U.K. He always had that identifiable uniqueness to his playing. He was a very sweet, and sensitive person; always searching for brilliance.

He left a library of redefined guitar styles with his one of a kind chord voicings and fluid solos.

I was sad to hear of his death. My prayers go out to his family and I owe him thanks for showing and daring us to be different, be ourselves and strive for the best we can be." - Eric Johnson

"I'm devastated at the loss of Allan Holdsworth. A rare genius who paved a huge road. Major highlight of my musical life. RIP Allan." - Vinnie Colaiuta

"The passing of Allan Holdsworth leaves me bereft & sad. One of the very greatest to ever pick the guitar up. I, for one, seriously do not care about other opinions about him. He was not for everybody-nobody is.

I LOVED what he did in the time he was here.

Unbelievable

Improbable

Impossible

Weird

Beautiful

Arcane

Wonderful

Rest In Peace, Magician." - Vernon Reid

"Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to share a few words with you about Allan Holdsworth. I was saddened to hear about his passing and I am sending best thoughts and wishes to his family. It may not be obvious but he was a major influence on my musical outlook. His approach to guitar was so unique and quite honestly baffling, especially to the 13 yeard old me who spent a summer trying to learn licks from his "Metal Fatigue" album. My dad was an admirer of Allan's playing as well.  He talked about him in high regard in several interviews.

One day Allan came to our house to visit my dad. I don't recall the exact circumstances but it may have had something to do with Chad Wackerman who used to play drums with my dad and also played with Allan. In any case, I remember that I was 13 and I couldn't understand the scales Allan was using or the chords he was playing over. I had the opportunity to ask him a few questions that day and he was very patient with me as I attempted to show him some of the things I had tried to learn. He showed me a few easier licks and some two hand tapping ideas.

As the years went by the scales never got any easier nor did the uncommon chords he reached for. Little by little, elements of his approach to guitar entered my own vocabulary and passed through my own musical filters. I believe that Allan's influence on my playing isn't heard as a derivative in terms of playing his licks, it's more of my own interpretation of how to apply the elements that I love in his playing, spontaneous risk and reward, tension and release. His ability to effortlessly move through rhythmic contours with harmonic variety is what all guitarists who've heard him, have marveled at.

I was lucky enough to know Allan after my dad had passed away. He was very kind and spoke fondly of the time he visited with my dad. Allan even played with my band on stage a few times. He was so humble and was allergic to compliments. If I mentioned something about his playing on a record or even in the moment while playing together he would say with a smile, "I'm sorry you had to hear that."

Not everyone could appreciate the high contrast in his music but those who did, really did! He was most in his element in his own music. I remember that when he played with us on stage he kept saying he was so nervous. It's hard to understand that because he was so gifted as a player but I can empathize because I feel that way when I'm outside my own comfort zone. It produces a tendency to block your creative instincts and rely on patterns instead of opening the door to your greatest musical inspiration. That said, it seemed to me that Allan had total freedom in his playing and it was truly inspirational to me.

I am currently making a new guitar solo album called F.O.H. Live In The Moment Part II for my Dweezil Zappa "Others Of Intention" Pledge Music campaign Dweezil Zappa & The Others Of Intention: Music In The Name Of...? auf PledgeMusic. It's a "Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar" Style album. I was putting all of the finishing touches on it but then I heard the news about Allan. Now I feel compelled to find a solo from a recent tour so that I can include it on the album. I would like to pay homage in my own way to Allan. I know I have reached outside my comfort zone on recent tours and sought to get into the zone of "total freedom."

With that said, I will be making some changes to the album in order to make this happen. It will cause a short delay which I apologize for in advance but it's important to me to make this tribute part of the record. I think I will call it "I'm Sorry You Had To Hear That."

RIP Allan Holdsworth, I will always appreciate your musical voice and your creativity and I'm glad I got to hear that!" - Dweezil Zappa

R.I.P. Allan Holdsworth. You remain an enormous inspiration to me. Your beautiful music will live on forever. https://t.co/UEpuqCTm8s

—

Joe Satriani (@chickenfootjoe) April 16, 2017

Oh no so sad to hear this. Brilliant unique guitar master player. Rest In Peace Alan. twitter.com/petethorn/stat…

—

Peter Frampton (@peterframpton) April 16, 2017

F*ck!!!!! RIP Allan Holdsworth....One of the all-time greats and innovators...no Holdsworth = no Eddie Van Halen… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…

—

Mike Portnoy

με σήμα το μπιφτέκι

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργήστε λογαριασμό

Γραφτείτε στην παρέα μας. Είναι εύκολο!

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Σύνδεση

• Δημοσιεύστε κάτι...

Τα cookies

Τοποθετήθηκαν cookies στην συσκευή σας για να είναι πιο εύκολη η περιήγηση στην σελίδα. Μπορείτε να τα ρυθμίσετε, διαφορετικά θεωρούμε πως είναι OK να συνεχίσετε. Πολιτική απορρήτου